How to choose your natural stone material?
If you are having difficulty selecting Natural Stone material, please use our quick guide below or contact us directly.Trust on our professional advice
1. CHOOSE FOR WHAT YOU WANT TO USE THE STONE?
To choose the right material from natural or technical stone, you should start with the application you want. Depending on whether the material will be used for:
- external or internal
- application for flooring
- for cladding
- for architectural detail
You should make a list of the metrics you want. Note whether the material needs to be:
- Resistant to atmospheric and temperature influences
- Resistant to cracking or cracking
- Resistance to moisture absorption
- Smoothness and aesthetics
In addition, if you buy materials for more than one application, in most cases it would be better to buy different materials for different applications. Material that is suitable for your bathroom may not be suitable for your summer garden.
2.HOW TO CHOOSE DIFFERENT TYPES OF NATURAL OR TECHNICAL STONE?
The material you choose depends largely on your personal preference, but there are still some differences that are good to keep in mind when making your choice.
- A great stone for your bathroom, fireplace or furniture
- Aesthetic appearance irrespective of the treatment characterized by the typical “veins”
- Susceptibility to stains and smudging from acidic foods (juices, wine). Not suitable for kitchen countertops.
- Hard material. Scratch resistant.
- Resistant to smudging and heat.
- Ideal for kitchen countertops, lobbies, finishes and flooring
- Solid and porous material
- Most often creamy white. Suitable for walls and facades
- Absorbs water
- Suitable for facades, stairs, architectural details and decoration
- Creamy Chocolate Color Range
- Porous material
- High light transmittance
- Ability to incorporate backlight
- Suitable for interior design and architectural details
- Synthetic material
- Large variety of colors and surfaces (glossy, matt, embossed)
- Easy to use and sturdy
3. TYPES OF SURFACE TREATMENT, WHICH IS SUITABLE FOR MY NEEDS?
Polished Surface: The purpose of polishing is to create a smooth surface with glitter and to display the natural colors of the stone. Usually this type of treatment is used for materials with internal application, but it is not recommended for external flooring due to low adhesion of the surface.
Thermo surface: A process in which the material is subjected to a flame with a high temperature. Thus, on the surface of the stone, a thin layer is obtained, which protects it from atmospheric influences. It is used for materials with external application, most often granite.
Processing GLITZ: Glitz processing can be performed both manually and with machine, the aim is to achieve uneven surface, which will display the natural colors of the stone. The slabs with glitz processing are usually used for wall cladding and recreate the effect of natural masonry.
Processing thumble: The goal of the thumble processing is to aged the processed material and give it a more rounded edge surface and edges. The process is similar to the “antique” processing.
Processing Bucharda: This type of processing can be achieved manually or machined, as its purpose is the creation of evenly distributed small dents of different sizes. This treatment is extremely suitable for outdoor flooring due to its high adhesion.
Processing Antica (aging): a technique aimed at aging the stone. The surface looks worn, pale, matte with rounded edges.
Sandblasting (blasting): The material is subjected to processing sandy-jet. The surface produces slight abrasion and the colors of the stone fade.
4. CHOOSE THE COLOR OF YOUR DESIRED MATERIAL
Once you are choose the suitable material for your needs you should choose the colour you want.
5. STILL CAN NOT CHOOSE YOUR MATERIAL?
If you still can not choose the suitable material contact us and we will be happy help you ..